UI & UX Designer
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a UX and UI designer with at least 4 years experience and a genuine passion for all things digital to join our creative team.
You’ll be used to working collaboratively within a typical agency environment on a wide variety of brand-led digital projects. This includes user experience research and competitor benchmarking, journey definition, wireframing and prototyping. It also includes user interface design for websites, applications and digital products, as well as assets for digital marketing and campaigns.
You’ll ideally have a love for branding too, and appreciate the role brand has to play in delivering credible and exciting experiences both on and off line. Hopefully the thought of taking on a brand identity project every now and then will fill you with as much excitement as getting your hands on our next major digital project.
In line with our own brand, you’ll be passionate about connecting our clients to their audiences and your personality will match ours too – driven, curious, open-minded, courageous and perceptive.
The role is full-time with the flexibility to work from both the office and home (or the moon if that’s where you’re most productive!)
The skills to pay the bills
First and foremost you’re a creative person, so we’d expect you to have good knowledge and talents in user-centred visual design for the digital space, as well as brand identity and visual system creation.
When it comes to UX, this is what we’re after…
- An ability to work with project stakeholders to explore and define the problem that is required to be solved
- Undertake research to identify target user groups and help understand user needs
- Perform competitor, product and service analysis, market evaluations, persona building and customer journey mapping to steer effective conversion-led UX thinking
- The ability to analyse the research that has been gathered and provide logical and systematic UX-oriented recommendations/solutions
- The confidence to create low and high fidelity wireframes to validate ideas and showcase your UX vision
- The ability to create prototypes to test user journeys and user-experience ideas
- You may also be required to lead user testing sessions to identify positive and negative user experiences in the prototypes you have created.
When it comes to UI, this is what we’re after…
- The ability to take your approved UX work and turn them into detailed and polished screen designs that you and our clients will love
- The ability to develop modular design systems that include a library of interface components or ‘block types’.
- Confidence working with client brand elements as stipulated in their guidelines and applying them to digital, including brand identity, colours and fonts. In addition to existing brand identity components, you should relish the opportunity to develop the visual system for the benefit of the UI design. This may include icons, image styling, illustration and video (and more).
- The ability to see the UI design phase through to final asset creation, including best practice naming conventions and attention to detail to ensure high quality products
In addition to the digital skills listed here, we’d like you to love brand too and be competent at brand identity creation, including the wider visual system.
We’ll need you to…
- Be willing to partner with our clients and become their trusted friend
- Be comfortable asking “why?” to learn, challenge and achieve the best outcomes possible
- Take pride in balancing form and function so the work you produce looks on-brand amazing and delivers results for our clients
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in everything you do
- Be willing to take advice or guidance… but be strong enough of character and mind to put your opinion across when you need to.
- Have a commitment to quality at all times, ensuring depth of thinking, attention to detail, best-practice output and the willingness to challenge yourself every day to create your best work
- Be comfortable putting together presentations and project documentation and talking to clients and colleagues about your thinking and your work
- Be willing to learn, keep abreast of trends and always strive for best practice solutions
- Be willing to work as part of a team of designers, developers and client service gurus to deliver outstanding project work and client experiences
- Be committed to creativity and innovation – always willing to challenge and inspire your team mates, have a creative mindset, improve your skills and develop the agency offering
- Ensure that the work you produce meets project requirements and standards, and wherever possible, blows them away
- Be positive and enthusiastic – see every project as a new challenge
- Be willing to go the extra mile, support a team mate, create things that ‘wow’, be better than you are today
Some of the clients we call friends
Here are just some of the household names you can expect to be managing:
- Harbour Hotels Group
- Infinity Motorcycles
- Serco Plc
- Bombay Sapphire Distillery
A few small perks to brighten your day
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Flexible hours and home working
- Pension scheme
- An ‘always-open’ drinks fridge
- Culture and wellbeing activities
- Bring your dog to work
- Regular BBQs in the garden throughout the summer
- Regular cakes and goodies in the kitchen
- Access to Perkbox rewards and recognition
- Team away days, monthly lunch and end of quarter celebrations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training relevant to your role
- Annual charity volunteering day
- Our office garden backs onto the pub – result!
Competitive based on experience.
We appreciate the value of talent, so we’re not afraid to provide the right financial package for the right person.
If you believe you have what it takes join our team, then email your CV with a covering message to [email protected] to get the ball rolling.
If you’re a recruitment agency, hello, we hope you’re well, but we’re going to fill this position ourselves. Thanks.